Slam books were very common among 90’s students. It was like a guest book where different people answer sets of questions, and being asked to write on someone’s slam book makes me really happy and feel appreciated because normally, we only choose whose names we would like to see in our own book. Most common questions were: 1. Who is your crush?; 2. Who was your first love (playing safe, so I always answer this question with “my parents”😁); 3. Who was your first kiss? Etc.
I’m not sure if today’s generation will understand why we loved collecting slam books before because for most of them, everything is digital. They are probably correct and since we now have a more advanced technology, I have thought of using this platform in making my own online slam book. 😊
Here’s few fun facts about me:
Name: Mhaggie Cardo
Nickname: Mhaggie, Mhagz
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Birth Stone: Amethyst
Hometown: Olongapo City
Age when I first learned to read: 3 y.o.
Something I thought about a lot as a child:
1. Making my own sprite soda by combining water, coconut juice, and sugar. I was convinced, before, that those were the major ingredients of sprite and that I can soon make my own version of it.
2. Becoming a millionaire by saving at least 1 peso per day. I was 5 that time and I tried counting how much I needed to save per year for me to have a million at the age of 20.
One thing I will never forget doing in college:
Cutting our gymnastic class. I and my friends only had our attendance checked and went out after. We were caught in dressing room. We immediately locked the door but our prof tried to forcedly open it. My friends decided to hide behind the locker area. I knew that time that we had nowhere to escape so I was left with no choice but to open the door and just pretend that I was not feeling well and that I was alone in the room. Obviously, she didn’t believe me because our PE uniforms were scattered on the floor. She headed straight to the locker area and saw my friends sitting at the corner. When they were caught, they suddenly waived their hands and said hi. Id’s were confiscated and we almost lost our chance to perform in our university week, which was considered as our final exam. Thanks to our dean for saving us. Moving forward to releasing of grades, she told me I got 1.5. It was supposed to be perfect 1 but minus .5 for cutting her class. 😂
One thing that makes me proud of myself:
I don’t quit easily. I always keep on trying to save anything that matters to me.
Something that I miss:
Thing(s) people do not know about me:
1. It takes 2-3 hours for me to finish my meal and I couldn’t eat without watching tv or seeing any movie.
2. I love dancing alone in my room, and I feel like I am a pro.
3. I love singing (silently) to songs with high notes. I imagine myself performing in a crowd, and again, I feel like I am a pro.
I do all these things ONLY when Im alone, at home.😂
Food that I eat in a weird way:
Chips + mayonnaise
One thing I never forget doing before bedtime.
Thanking God for letting me survive the day. I seldom say a prayer during bedtime but I always say “Thank You, Lord”.
That’s it for now. At least with these few facts, you will get to know a little about me.😊
Have a great day ahead!